Thursday, 8 October 2015


Well, so much going on right now, little girl is getting ready to turn one at the end of the month, my birthday is coming up, half term break for the boy and we are planning a trip, back to California, to see family and friends. That should be a lot of fun.

But before we go, I have been looking at a few ideas for birthday gifts for wee girl. I try to stay a bit more environmental, love to support small businesses, and since I often buy second hand, sometimes I like to splurge. One of the many things I would like to share here on this blog, are some of these  great finds, I come across. The first is the fantastic site WAHM Emporium

WAHM Emporium, I am sure is going to be getting me in a lot more trouble in the months to come I suspect, if this stocking, was any line to judge by. Basically, the site is a co-op group of small shops, run typically by "working at home Mums", aka WAHM, that sell a wide variety of different clothing, baby items, cloth menstrual pads, glass ware and more. All the items, are offered by the sellers direct, but by showcasing the items in one shop, you can see a bigger variety, without going all over Facebook to find these shops.

WAHM Emporium, showcases the items before they go on sale, giving you a chance to see what is on offer, then opens the shop for a set period of time. First to comment is first to buy, so fast fingers are key to getting more popular pieces. But I think I did very well for my first time, as I was able to buy all the items I had my eye in, without a hitch.

WAHM Emporium is not the only site like this on Facebook, but with such a nice mix of WAHM shops, I know I will be back.

Two the pieces, I didn't buy this time, but I suspect, I will buy from these shops soon;

TheMotherknit- how cute is this little handbag? I love the print so much.






 
 
WendysGlassHouse- I love this little witch. The colours are so pretty and I think the design is so sweet. I think I will own a piece of her glass before too long.
 
 
                                           

Like I said though, these are pieces I didn't buy. But in the next two days, I will be sharing what I did, and I will tell you all, I could not have been more pleased.

Dinner time now, on the menu tonight, Chili Dogs, before PTA business.

No comments:

Post a Comment